What is a Parent Support Advisor?
Our Parent Support Advisor (PSA) is on hand to help parents covering a range of topics:
- When a child starts school, moves to the next year group or moves on to the next school
- Finding parent groups that they can join or training opportunities for parent so they can understand their child’s learning and development
- Support parents around attendance issues to keep a child in school
- Signposting parents to other services and support in the Borough
The PSA will listen to and support parents and carers to help their child learn and enjoy their education.
How can they help?
- Visiting families in their homes
- Providing one to one support for parents/carers and for children
- Collecting the views of parents and carers regarding school provision and using these to support the school to make decisions about provision
- Putting parents and carers in touch with someone who can help
Being a good listener in times of trouble
Our Parent Support Advisor is Pam Webb. She is a qualified nursery nurse with many years of experience. She has worked with children with different abilities and from diverse backgrounds within school. Her experience of child development and the education system will be invaluable in her role as a parent support advisor.